Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Confess by Colleen Hoover

Confess by Colleen Hoover
 
by 

16210289

it was ok
bookshelves: 2019abuseadult-fictionaudiobookcontemporary,romancetragedy

Owen’s last chapter was amazing.

But most of the rest of this book was kind of trash. Sorry not sorry, but some of the stuff in this book just made me stop and raise my eyebrows.

The main issue I had with this book was the way certain things were worded. The main character seemed very “holier than thou” concerning sex even though she had gotten pregnant at 15. Which is a little young but considering the circumstances, understandable. I wish the author had made her just a smidge older (like maybe 16) but at the same time, I hated how she was constantly judging herself for feeling something.

”Did I want him to make a move? Did I want him to invite me back to his place? I wouldn’t have been okay with either of those things and the fact that I’m upset that neither of those things happened makes me feel like a horrible person.” 

I hate that it’s implied that if she had gone back to Owen’s place it would have made her a bad person. And not a confused person.

I’m also kind of sick of every main character having to be a total saint even though the guy has clearly slept with multiple women recently and yet we’re not supposed to judge him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...