Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The Real and True Life of Being A Mid-Twenties Adult

I'm sure at one time or another, I thought being in my mid-twenties would be awesome and I'd have it all figured out. I probably thought I'd be married, and super successful with my own house, and a job I loved. I'm sure I thought I'd have my whole life together and that nothing could possibly go wrong.

Now that I'm older, I see how wrong I was.

Being a mid-twenties adult, is similar to being a younger adult. I still have bills to pay. I'm still not exactly sure my career choice is the best fit, and I still get freaked out over not being able to accomplish certain tasks. I also still don't have the husband, the house, or even the 2.5 kids. But, what's important is knowing that one day I'll get to a better place, and that in the meantime there's no rush.

I started this blog many years ago and I thought at the time, it would be a more adult diary where I could write about the things that were too crazy to keep to myself, but also too personal to just tell anyone in person. Now that I've had the blog for a while, I realize how insanely difficult it is to keep up with and to just find time to write. There's just always something to do: school, then college, then finding my first job after college, then keeping my first job, and then trying to continue to excel at my job. All of it just got in the way.

Now that I'm older, I realize how nice it is to just have a place to go to keep track of everything and also to take some time to organize my thoughts. As I've gotten older, I've slowly started to realize how possessions aren't everything. How material things really won't make you happy. I still buy way too much, but at the same time I realize I'm happier when I have less clutter.

So that's a sneak peak at the real and true life of being a mid-twenties adult. You won't have everything figured out, but that's okay. You're still learning and your still working towards your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...