Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale

The best sale of my entire lifetime just happened less than a week ago, and I don't know how I feel about it yet.

I got up early (7:30 am) on a non-school day and lectured myself on how much I was going to spend and how much I was allowing myself to spend on day one, and what items I would be looking for, but that wasn't necessary.

Day one: It's 8 am on the dot, and my screen still looks exactly the way it did at 7:45. Which means nothing is happening. 8:02 I hit the refresh hoping it was just a glitch or something. BIG MISTAKE. When it finishes loading. I'm in a waiting line and there are 40k people ahead of me. FORTY. THOUSAND. Like what? I didn't even know Lilly Pulitzer had that many followers. My estimated wait time is more than an hour. Which is code for "we have no idea how long you'll be waiting for people to steal all of the good deals just like when Lilly came to Target and you got screwed over multiple times." (If you want to hear the longer version of Lilly for Target I'll be glad to rant about what I came out with.) Thirty minutes later, the line has a pause that lasts fifteen or so minutes. This truly makes me annoyed, because up until that point I was only about ten minutes from the end of my hour wait.
I waited a total of fifty-three minutes. What do I discover? The Lilly items I would give my life for are already sold out. I pack my cart full of items (12 to be exact), and by the time I'm finally ready to check out, and I've narrowed it down to seven that I'm actually going to buy, Lilly informs me that some of my items are out of stock. Yay... I actually end up buying four items. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY proud of the items I found. But wow, who knew online shopping could get so crazy.

Day two: I get up at 1am, 2:57, and 4am. Unlike the year before, there are no bonus sale items. There are no crazy deals of the day. Which was the whole reason I budgeted some of my money.
Last year, for those of you who don't know, Lilly surprised us all by having gifts with a purchase at 1am-5am. So even though you were already buying these crazy good deals of a gift, you were also getting some really good gifts with them. No one knew about this, until they woke up and found out they just missed all of the crazy deals. Also last year, Lilly had these amazing steals of the day. Two of my dresses were bought during those crazy steals. And they were super amazing dresses at super amazing prices, only available on that day.

After the sale: One of my packages is almost here. It's expected to arrive within the next day or two, which is extra fast for free shipping especially after that event. I've even heard of some people already getting their gifts. Also, my stupid butt put in the wrong shipping address for one of my orders and customer service was extra nice.

Conclusion: Go to the after party sale. Wait in the ridiculous online queue. Buy the things you never knew you could have. But whatever you do, don't let it frustrate you, because life is about more than just clothes. It's about looking better than that girl bae's got his eye on.

It's been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...