Friday, August 29, 2014

True to the End

It's been a rough start to the semester. Everything has gone wrong from, cable, to internet service problems, to even buying the wrong book (well, the right book, that just wasn't printed correctly). After finally getting my internet setup after countless calls to my ISP, and countless promises of "I'll call you backs," and "we'll be there today," I had two choices. I could either become super productive, and apply to lots of jobs/internships/other important collegiate things. OR I could binge watch movies and tv shows on HBOgo (my version of Netflix).

I chose to binge watch television.

In my defense, I did get a few productive things done (volunteering, meetings, homework, etc.), so I felt like I deserved a break.

At 2:18 in the morning I finally finished the last season of True Blood.

Disclaimer: if you haven't seen the final episode, STOP READING NOW.

I MEAN IT.

STOP.

SERIOUSLY. SPOILER ALERT AHEAD.

GET IT?

First off, I want to say that I KNEW someone important would die, or get seriously maimed in the beginning of the episode. I just didn't know who.

But by the middle of the episode, I had come up with such a fantastic way to end the episode, that I legitimately couldn't believe there could be any other way for this episode to end. I mean, it was so genius. I felt brilliant! I HAD PERSONALLY figured out the season finale.

And then I was wrong.

So. Very. Wrong.

Before I rant on about how much I "disliked" the finale, I'll humor you with my alternative ending.

Because it's genius.

In previous episodes, Sookie's great x1,000,000,000,000 grandfather said that he couldn't do anything to help her. And that he didn't WANT to do anything to save Bill, because he didn't like Bill, and he wanted Sookie to be happy.
Throughout the series, Sookie has been told about her light and how it was so powerful it could kill a "vampire." But then she would have to give up being a fairy.
So instead of Sookie taking Bill out to the cemetery and killing Bill with her light. Her light would save him. Get it? She would strike Bill with her glowing orb thing, and it would kill the vampire part of him. This would somehow keep him still alive, and now Sookie's a human too. Now the vision of Bill and Sookie with her baby bump could actually be some type of vision.
AND EVERYTHING WORKS OUT PERFECTLY.

BUT NOOOOOOO

Bill dies. Sookie ends up with someone whose face isn't shown, and is preggo with this mystery man's baby....

I feel like I didn't get the right kind of closure.

SO I did a google search on the ending thinking "maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm supposed to know who that is. Or maybe it was intended that Bill actually did turn into a human a few days before he died, and now Sookie is pregnant with HIS baby, and not the mystery man's baby. I mean, there was that foreshadowing where Arlene asked about Jess being able to get pregnant."

But once again I was disappointingly wrong.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN the mystery man is a RANDOM stunt guy?

Not okay.

The good things about the finale.
Jason found his happiness. Sam is happy and settled down. Arlene and the vampire are together. Adellyn and Wade are still together. Everyone SEEMS happy. Pam and Eric are still alive and well.

So the finale wasn't a complete bust.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...