Monday, October 27, 2014

23 Of The Best Horror Movies You Can Watch On Netflix Right Now: Part 2

This is an update for my original post, titled the same (but with part 1 instead of 2).

Out of the original 23 movies, I had started off only with two viewed, and now, I have added a few more to that list: 

  • 3. Contracted
  • 4. You're Next
  • 5. Evil Dead 2
  • 7. World War Z
  • 8. Detention
  • 22. The Blair Witch Project
How Contracted made this list, is beyond me. It's a low-budget film with an odd plot, turning Zombie-ism into an STD that you can "contract" from your partners. It's unimaginable how this became a thought for a movie idea that ended in an actual film production, but nonetheless, I found myself asking if there was a sequel. And SURPRISE, SURPRISE, there isn't... BUT there will be. 

You're Next is a pretty typical horror film with a break-in, and family dysfunction. Nothing super special to talk about. Evil Dead 2 was horrible. Maybe if I was born in the 1980s, then I would have been able to look past all of the horrible graphic effects, and the terrible acting. 

World War Z was unsurprisingly good. With Brad Pitt in the cast, and the original novel flying off the shelves, it was almost impossible to turn this film into a bust. Combine that with the new take on Zombie infection along with the crazy creative take on the cure, and you have yourself a success. 

But the winner for today is: Detention. 
You'll go into this film with low hopes and expectations, and come out more impressed than you would have liked to. The film is set up almost to look like a spoof with tons of cliches and references to past movies. But, the stellar cast, the time travel (who ever heard of that in a horror movie?), and the outrageously funny scenes make this one for the books. I recommend this for the comedy lovers as well as the horror movie lovers, but not for the weak stomach-ers, because this movie starts off with the gore right in the beginning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...