Saturday, November 1, 2014

23 Of The Best Horror Movies You Can Watch On Netflix Right Now: Part 4

Current Update of the 23 Movies Before the Halloween Weekend is Over

  • 3. Contracted
  • 4. You're Next
  • 5. Evil Dead 2
  • 7. World War Z
  • 8. Detention
  • 10. V/H/S 2
  • 11. American Mary
  • 15. Darkness Falls
  • 16. The Horde
  • 18. The Caller
  • 21. Stitches
  • 22. The Blair Witch Project
Additions from the Previous Post


  • 12. The Possession
  • 16. The Horde
  • 17. Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 19. Silent House
  • 20. Creep Show 2
  • 23. Hellraiser
12. In The Possession, a young girl becomes strangely fascinated with a wooden box that she can't open. She finally opens it and becomes possessed by the spirit inside. Was this film scary? No. I wouldn't waste your time on The Possession, because like the vampire-esque fad brought on by Twilight this film isn't worth watching, just like most of those vampire movies.

16. The Horde is a French flick with subtitles, just in case you didn't know like me. And it's very slow-moving. I didn't enjoy it.

17. Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers.... First, I want to say "how in the world are there SIX Halloween movies? Also, I've only seen the first one, which I did not like. So I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that skipping four of the movies in the series, after not liking the first probably doesn't put me in the best position for this film.

19. Silent House..... I tried. I really did. But, 25 minutes in and nothing was happening, and everything was just so....silent. Also, Netflix's best guest for me was that I wouldn't be interested in it.

20. Creep Show 2 was one of the most horrendous "horror" movies I've seen. I'm sure for 1987 it was very innovative and scary, but 2014 it was anything but. There was a lot of unnecessary plot, nudity, and things that just plain didn't make sense. The graphics were absolutely terrible solidifying the fact that I should not watch older horror movies. Was it weird? Yes. Was it scary? No. 

23. Hellraiser is a scary one. Finally, right? Nothing super suspenseful, but a lot of creepy and killing scenes. Be ready.

Not on the list, but still saw it because....Halloween
The Purge 2: Anarchy is really good. The plot is excellent, especially as you start to near the end. There were a lot of surprise scenes, that will make you jump (or scream). It's not really scary, but it will startle you.

Good: Hellraiser, The Purge 2: Anarchy
Middle of the Road:
Horrible: The Possession, Creep Show 2, The Horde, Silent House
Just Couldn't: Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...