Saturday, September 19, 2015

YOU LOOK DISGUSTING

Watch the video first. And then continue reading.


I've watched this video multiple times. It was suggested to me after I watched a video about Foundation Application, which then led to a video titled "Ugly Without Makeup? This is Why Men Have Trust Issues," which then suggested this video.

When I first opened the link to this video, I assumed it would be an inspirational speech. Or a transformation or something along those lines. How is it possible that people could write such hateful things?

People sit behind their computers and they think they can hide under their usernames and their anonymous comments, but the truth is REAL people will read those comments and REAL people will interpret their own meaning.

Is Em Ford the most beautiful human being you've ever seen without makeup? No. But neither am I. And I can bet you aren't that great looking either. We all have flaws. But everyone deals with them differently.

Telling someone their "ugly," "hideous," and "revolting," is rude beyond belief. How is it in this day and age that there are still people who think this is okay? You can't just BULLY people and get away with it. Each word you type could effect someone's view of them self. Let me repeat that. Each. Word. You. Type. MATTERS. Em Ford knew when she posted that picture of herself without makeup that she wasn't gorgeous. But she posted it to help her accept herself. And maybe to help others accept themselves too. Personally, watching the most beautiful women take off their makeup makes me as a woman with pretty low self-confidence feel good about myself.

"If she isn't ashamed, then why should I be?"

And then she was bullied. Now people like me are ashamed and scared too.

Then she puts on Makeup....
And she gets criticized for: "wearing too much makeup," and "false advertising."
"This is why I have trust issues."
"You're so ugly that's why you wear makeup."
"Imagine waking up next to her in the morning."
"She still looks like sh*t."
And my favorite... "Trust no f*cking b*tch with makeup."

What's wrong with people? You don't like her without makeup and you don't like her with it. And the worst part? These people DON'T EVEN KNOW HER.
That's the worst part. People are so quick to judge someone they've never met, just because. Because why? Because she's successful? Because they're jerks?

Don't put people down just to put them down.

BUT THE END IS WHAT MAKES ME TEAR UP EVERY TIME.
"Acne makes me feel worthless."
"27 years so fed up"
"It makes me cry"
"I wanted to kill myself."
"Learning to love myself."
"People make fun of me."

HOW CAN YOU SIT THERE AND MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WHEN THEY'RE ALREADY DOWN.
I'm already on my hands and knees, why push me to the ground?

Don't be the people who make others feel worthless about themselves. Boost them up. I bet it would be easier.

It's been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...