Monday, May 8, 2017

A Court of Mist and Fury, By: Sarah J. Maas - Ms. Maas Does It Again

I wrote this review last year, and I have to say that over a year later, my feelings are still the same. I have thoroughly enjoyed how Ms. Maas has transformed her simple Beauty and the Beast retelling into a whole other world where readers cannot wait to dive in. I was in love with A Court of Thorns and Roses but now I'm obsessed with the sequel. 

After reading the first book in the series, I was overwhelmed with love for the story, and one of my favorite authors writing another amazing book. But, something didn't sit quite right with me. And although I wanted to give ACOTAR a complete 100% 5 star rating. I really only felt like it deserved a 4.75, which is still good. But, what was missing? After reading AOMAF I was practically giving it a 6/5 Stars, because it BROKE me. I was beyond obsessed. And beyond mad at having to wait for another year until the next (untitled) book came out. 

Now, after rereading both ACOTAR and ACOMAF back-to-back, I have to say that I'm absolutely furious with some of the one and two star reviews I've read on Goodreads. I get that everyone has a right to their own opinion, but if you didn't finish the book... do you really have a right to rate the whole book? Just create a DNF shelf and don't rate it... Just saying. 

How do you guys feel about the book? Let me know if you like/hated/loved/obsessed over the series, or if it was just so-so. Did anyone hate the first, but then love the second?

Another five star book by Sarah J Maas. No surprise there. The real surprise: how is it possible this book received a one star rating? 

A Court of Mist and Fury starts off with Feyre living in the spring court. She's planning her wedding, attending parties, wearing fancy clothes, kept out of danger, and she hates it all. Feyre longs to be free her castle of roses and do something more meaningful. The spring court is constantly being attacked by beasts, and court members are having difficulty paying taxes. And then everything changes...

I don't want to give away any spoilers so I'll stop right there. 

What you need to know:
Sarah throws in a bunch of plot twists that you might have seen coming, but weren't sure. And they're all executed very well. The first few chapters start off slow, and then the rest of the book goes faster and faster as more and more plot lines are developed. I loved this book. Truly loved it. I can't say that I could have guessed all of the twists and turns or even that if someone had told me about them that I would have been excited. But, now that I've read the whole book, it feels right. Like everything is still connected to the first book, and that the next book still has some place to go. 


Final thoughts: 
Five out of five stars. Book was perfect. Can't wait for the next.


Alright, it's been real. Keep reading and don't let the haters get to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...