Saturday, August 5, 2017

Book Review: Down Among the Sticks and Bones

Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2)Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Actual rating probably a 3.5.

I LOVED Every Heart A Doorway, and I was HIGHLY anticipating this book. And maybe that's why I didn't love it as much? The first book seemed so magical and wonderful and completely different. And while this one does still have the uniqueness, I found it to be less magical and lyrical. To me, the writing style felt a bit more off, and there wasn't as much plot, but instead a lot of skipping around.

One thing that I really enjoyed was the message explored. I loved how the author wrote about being a girl, and how being whoever you want to be is what's important and not what you're forced to be.

This book is less than 200 pages, and yet it still reads better than some 500+ page novels out there.

I'll definitely be reading the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...