Saturday, December 15, 2018

FAVORITES OF THE YEAR PART 1

Hello Friends,

It's been a great year, and a lot of highs and lows in the bookish community. Mostly highs. This year I've decided to spotlight some of my favorite products, books, and shops.

So let's get started.


Favorite Book Box: ShelfloveReads 











Photo taken from their website

Shelflove reads has continually impressed me this year. I originally started using their sister service, ShelfloveCrate which does YA Science Fiction and Fantasy book picks, along with bookish items. ShefloveReads on the other-hand is contemporary-based, including your romance, murder mysteries, magical realism, and historical fiction. These are some of my least favorite genres with Fantasy being my absolute favorite so I was hesitant to join.

My first box was in July, and the theme was: Summer Reads. Summer is my favorite season and I love so many things about summer so I decided to get it.


Photo taken from website by @Read.Write.Coffee

I was blown away by how many items I loved and how many items I ended up using. The whole box felt extremely put together, with every item serving a purpose and no item felt like it didn't belong, or that it would go unused. Several months later, I still use the Tumbler more than any other I've gotten, and the exclusive Harry Potter dust jackets love beautiful on my shelves.

Favorite Book-Only Box: LitJoy Crate

I've gotten both the LitJoy boxes before, and their book-only options. I've also used several other book-only services and have loved LitJoy's the most.



LitJoy's price point is competitive with other options, but with the LitJoy crate, they include their collectible items. In 2018 it was their trading cards, which were designed just for them and featured a wide-range of fandoms from other books. Once you have the full set (52 cards) they can be used as playing cards.


Photo from Litjoy website, photographer unknown

In addition to those collectible items, the book is SIGNED, comes with the AUTHOR LETTER as a TIP IN sheet, features exclusive FAN ART AS A PAGE, and comes with a REVERSIBLE DUST JACKET with art from that month's featured artist. All of the above create some of the most beautiful and unique books you'll ever see.

In addition, a lot of their books range from either really popular, or under the radar. So if you're subscribed to multiple book boxes, there's a good chance you won't get duplicates.

Favorite Artist: Sweet Sequels

My favorite Artist of the year has to go to Sweet Sequels. Haleigh is the mother of two beautiful kids and paints all original art ranging from YA, to classics, to new release adult books. There is truly a painting that can speak to anyone.

In addition, she has so many item choices in her shop. From mugs, to book sleeves, to apparel such as sweatshirts and shirts, to holiday options such as ornaments and stockings, there are so many items you can have her lovely art on.

Heather Malinak added a photo of their purchase
Photo credit: my review on etsy

I've bought several of her items and can personally vouch for amazing quality. I've purchased, bookmarks, shirts, velvet pillows, ornaments, book sleeves, art prints, mug rugs, blankets, and a puzzle. I'm always happy to hear she's collaborated with book boxes as anything she makes automatically raises the value on any box (in my opinion).


I hope you've enjoyed a list of some of my favorites. I'll be adding more next Saturday, so stay tuned.


Its been real.

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...