Thursday, December 6, 2018

Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)




 
by 


Gemina by Amie Kaufman

16210289
Update 12/1/18: Finished my reread via audiobook. I loved it even more the second time around and can highly recommend the audio version. Just like with Illuminae there are tons of sound effects and a full cast of characters. I think the cast for Hanna, Nik, and Ella were perfect choices, and I cannot wait to start Obsidio.

Absolutely loved the follow-up to Illuminae. Just like it predecessor, it’s full of multi-media content (ranging from instant messages, transcribed video footage, radio transcriptions, and more), and amazing heroines. I loved Hanna almost as much as I loved Kady, and the love interest was just as amazing as Ezra or better. 

One thing that was even BETTER than Illuminae was the introduction of scientific theories. Amie and Jay did a great job in breaking down complex theories and putting them into laymen’s terms and it seriously added to the enjoyment of the book. Another thing that was BETTER was the addition of “Hanna’s” drawings, which were actually MARIE LU’s. Yes, I’m serious. And the last one more BETTER thing that Ill mention was what I referred to as the “bad guy death tracker” which was present as soon as they arrived and was super convenient. It made my personal reading experience that much better to not have to go back and forth to the original list to figure out who was still someone to watch out for.

I, of course, highly recommend to anyone. I’ve gifted Illuminae to so many people (readers, and non-readers alike) because this series, well, there’s just no others like it. I can’t sing Jay and Amie more praises than I’ve already have sung (off-pitch probably) and I’ve already pre-ordered Obsidio. So...review to come within a week or two of release date maybe? Pending Barnes and Noble shipping on time.... >_>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...