Monday, January 14, 2019

The Chalk Man

The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor 
by 

16210289
The Chalk Man follows a boy after he sees and is involved with several gruesome murders. The book alternates from 1986 and 2016 and shows the reader the effects this has had on his personal life and his mind and body.

The Chalk Man was a gripping thriller and has lots of character interactions and twists. But at the same time, I found it to be lacking. I really enjoyed all of the quirks the main character, Eddie, had, but at the same time, I found him to be a bit boring. And I really enjoyed the twists and turns, but at the same time, I found the big twist to be lacking and not as much of a twist as I wanted it to be. The descriptions of some of the murders and even just some of the things that happen were gory which I liked but I still wanted there to be more. Not necessarily more gore, but more pause on these descriptions instead of going straight to the next scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...