Tuesday, June 30, 2015

It Follows



You may or may not have figured it out by now, but I'm:
OBSESSED
WITH
HORROR
MOVIES

And I don't know exactly why, but after I saw the trailer for It Follows, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRx7iR9kXg) I HAD to see it.
And today I finally did.

I loved the plot idea of "something evil" of some kind following the main character (specifically) and how no one else can see it.

But the movie was kind of a letdown.

It was interesting enough to watch and finish, but the music was crazy 80s horror flick, throughout the entire film. That's right, one 80s horror music song throughout the entire movie. No other song, but that one. Well....it might have been more than one song, but who could tell?

The acting was horrendous. Like, what? Why didn't I get a part in this movie, since I clearly have just as much experience as the main characters. Which brings me to my next point.
There were maybe seven characters throughout the whole film. Like, what?

And the movie must have had a REALLY low budget. There was absolutely ZERO effort put into the scenery, or really anything.

BUT
It WAS crazy suspenseful. It's scarier than most of the "horror" movies they have out there, just not necessarily scary. Just suspenseful.

Final Thoughts:
Go ahead and see it. But don't see it in the theaters, don't spend more than five dollars on it, and don't set your hopes up too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...