Thursday, January 31, 2019

Every Heart A Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) Reread

Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
 
by 

16210289

Update: 1/7

I loved this just as much or more the second time. It’s amazing. I still love all of the characters and still wish it were longer, but now knowing that we get so many additions to the series, I feel less bitter about it.

I highly recommend this series and I sincerely hope everyone will read it.

_________________________________________________

I really loved this book. And the author for sure gets an award for diversity.

Every Heart A Doorway is a story after a story: what happens when they come back? When children come back from going to mysterious lands and how do they adjust. That concept alone was enough to get me intrigued and reading. There's just not many others (if any) that start "after the fairytale."

Beyond all of that, there's a murder mystery and it's quite gruesome all of the things that happen.

I loved the author's writing and how there were a lot of relatable topics. There were topics about gender standards, the treatment of transgender people, and how we generally fear what we don't understand.

The only thing I really didn't like was how short this book was. My copy had only 170 pages, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but it could have benefitted from 50-100 pages more. I was super excited about the plot, but I was also interested in hearing about the characters and their points of view.

I honestly can't wait for the next one (which is technically a prequel) and then only a year more until the third (which is actually the sequel). Either way, I'm probably going to read both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...