Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Gone Girl




I read Gone Girl, in the Spring of 2014, and although the movie came out in October of 2014, I just saw it two days ago and...I don't have much to say.

I picked up the book as one of my Spring Break reads, and prepared myself to read about this crazy tale that everyone had been talking about. I didn't know much about the book, but all of the Hype out there was insane enough that I HAD TO KNOW. The book is really good. But not "Wow this is such good writing," or "the author is soooooo creative."

Nope.

It's good in a "I can't put this book down, because there is way too much crazy shiitake happening, and if I put it down, someone might die, or hurt themselves  while I'm away" kind of good. It was exciting, and it had you guessing the entire way through. You're thinking "obviously it's NOT Nick. He's kind of weird, but not a bad guy." And then the truth shows up so suddenly!

BAM!



But the movie is different.
Less excitement, more wow factor. But as someone who read the book, and KNEW all of the "wow" factor it was just ehh.

Good book to read once, and maybe a few more times,
BUT
not a good movie to see if you've already read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...