Thursday, August 27, 2015

First Diet, First Pound

I've always prided myself on never having been on a diet. Not because I'm super healthy, just because I've never really let a little weight gain bother me. I've always been more of the type of person who believe that I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable. And cupcakes definitely make me happy.
But after my trip to Disney, I stepped on the scale and found out that I was carrying five to ten extra pounds of Disney Cupcakes then usual.
This wasn't much of a shock to me because I already knew that my clothes were fitting tighter than usual, which was the reason I even stepped on the scale in the first place. So I put in an action plan. Goal: try to lose some of it. Vague, right? But I've never had to lose weight on a schedule, so I really don't know how good my body is at losing weight. Will I be able to lose two-three pounds a week (the healthy weight loss), or will it take five months to lose a single pound?

And I did it. After one week of eating (or trying to eat) healthier meals, and only snacking on apples and nutella dipped bananas, I lost one pound. I stepped on the same scale wearing relatively the same thing, and the ugly orange-red arrow, didn't go up as far as it did the last time.
So I got off the scale and smiled. My first pound ever intentionally lost.
The next few may not be easy, but I feel motivated enough to at least give this excersing thing a chance. It'll be worth it when bae takes a look at me in my (not) new, and (definitely) improved beach body.

So don't let the pounds get you down. Life goes on, and if people can't accept you as you are now, then make sure you become their CEO and treat them like Horrible Bosses so they regret every horrible thing they've ever said to you.
Feel me?

It's been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...