Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Halloween Makeup: Black Swan

It's that time of year again: Halloween!

While the stores quickly move in the Christmas decorations, and themed gifts, I've been preparing multiple costumes and costume ideas for potential parties. Until recently, I was only invited to one, which wasn't even on Halloween...

But, no worries, half of the fun of Halloween is dressing up, watching horror movies, and eating lots of candy.

If you need a cheap Halloween costume, I strongly recommend Pinterest. A lot of the costume ideas can be made using items you already own, or just a purchase of something $10 or less. There are lots of Makeup tutorials as well, some using skills I will never develop, and others using skills that we all have. But it's all for fun!

Today I came across a Black Swan makeup tutorial and since Swan Lake is my FAVORITE ballet, I HAD to check it out. (Which I'll link down below) It was amazing. I'm not the most talented makeup artist, in fact a before and after picture of me usually doesn't look that much different to most people. But, the guy in the video goes over very simply how to contour, blend, and what colors to use. Although he used a bunch of different expensive products and pallets. I used a bunch of different eye shadows that I already owned. In fact, I didn't use a single drop of eyeliner. And although in the video, he uses two MAC lipsticks and an eyeshadow,  I got ALMOST the same effect with just two different colored lipglosses.

What I'm trying to tell you is: all of these tutorial videos will use these products that you'll have to pay out the wazoo for, but you can actually substitute them all for something you already have that's similar. The look may be a little different, but no one's going to be examining you and looking to see if your shading is EXACTLY right. So have fun, and be creative.



(I'm pretty proud of how my twenty minute makeup sesh went, so here's a few pictures below.)




 Sometimes you've just got to embrace your inner black swan.

It's been real,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...