Monday, July 17, 2017

Review: Rebel Springs

Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2)Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I just wasn't as jazzed about this one as I was the first. It's interesting, don't get me wrong, but it felt kind of...overdone? Cheesy? Something just felt off.

Rebel Springs follows our host of characters from the original Falling Kingdoms novel as (just about) everyone tries to kill the king. The Rebels want to kill the king, a lot of the Auranians, Cleo, Cleo's entourage, etc.

What I mostly didn't like had to do with the characters....
Jonas: typical male character who thinks he's all that
Lucia: whiny and "all powerful"
Lysandra: Predictable
King: Predictable (reminds me a bit of Game of Thrones?)
Magnus: I actually like Magnus???
Cleo: okay character, but I kind of hate how many guys have fallen in love with her. We're at possible five now?? Luckily she hasn't felt the same and there's not a love pentagon...but still. She's sixteen.

and the VIOLENT scenes.

I will continue reading the series because I think it's interesting enough and I still kind of want to know what happens. Although it's starting to become predictable. But it's an easy enough read, so why not.

Actual Rating: 2.6(ish)

Warnings for:
Rape
Sexual Assualt
GRAPHIC violence


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...