Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Book Review: The Sandcastle Empire

The Sandcastle EmpireThe Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Need a minute to let this one sink. Review to come.

I can see how some people will love this book, and others will hate it. For me, I fall somewhere in the middle.

The premise was intriguing. However, the way the world is explained (only in bits and pieces here and there) made it confusing to read and difficult to figure out if it was actually possible for this to happen in the real world.

I really liked the island, and I think the characters' interactions with it were by far the most interesting part. However, the characters themselves started off strong, but then quickly morphed into typical YA characters who had no sense of danger and never think through plans.

Overall, I think this was a decent Dystopian, and even though there were a few "T's" to be crossed, I probably won't pick up the sequel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...