Thursday, August 3, 2017

Book Review: We Are Okay

We Are OkayWe Are Okay by Nina LaCour
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

RTC after I finish sobbing and gathering my thoughts.

Wow. I picked this book up because of the cover. The beautiful and vibrant colors drew me in so fast and hard that I realized once I sat down to read it that I had no idea what it was about.

If you're expecting a quick-read contemporary, then this isn't it. We Are Okay, is a lyrically written, and beautiful, yet incredibly sad book about what it means to be alone, how to deal with grief, and just trying to live again, or be "okay."

It took me a full week to finish We Are Okay, and that was 100% because of how deep this book is. It's so well-written, that even though I've read tons of books where characters have lost their parents/house/boyfriend/best friend, this felt the most believable and just REAL.

I cried several times, because this is truly a sad book. But one that has a light at the end.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...