Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Twilight: The Graphic Novel Vol. 1 Review

That wasn’t so great. 

Here are the reasons why:

-The Art. 
The art definitely wasn’t my style. One main thing that bothered me was that it combined photographs of cars, or landscapes with manga-like art of people. I wish they had ditched the photographs and just drawn out the whole scene. Another thing that wasn’t so great, was the coloring. Most of the book is done in grayscale and select scenes are in mostly full-color. This is definitely a stylistic choice, but I wish there had been bits of color in the rest of the story to help the art look more alive, and to also help show the same contrast in the full-color art. 

-The Writing. 
I know this a graphic novel. But we can still write in complete sentences occasionally, and with good grammar. I cannot explain how painful some of the passages, and dialogue were to read. There were just so many mistakes... 

-The Plot. 
I’ve read the original story, so I knew exactly what to expect in terms of plot, but the story really didn’t need to be split up into two parts. Honestly, there just wasn’t enough going on in this first volume to really feel like a complete story.

7619292

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...