Thursday, November 1, 2018

 
by 

 (Illustrator)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Page Count: 246
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Fiction
16210289
's review 
 ·  edit

it was amazing
bookshelves: banned-booksthe-book-was-better2018best-of-the-bestbullyingclassicscliqueseuropefantasyparanormal,picture-booksrereadschoolyounger-readers 

The illustrated edition is somehow even better than the original. Jim Kay’s art really brings the story alive and helps the mythical creatures and places really leap off the page. Harry Potter is a timeless classic, and has so many wonderful moments and quotes.

All Harry Potter fans need this edition in their life. There is beautiful art on almost every page and some art that spans across two pages. I loved how the pictures and illustrations really brought alive some our favorite characters, scenes, and events. I can't wait to continue reading these editions and I would highly recommend to children and adults of all ages. 

The writing remains timeless. I had a little bit of trouble getting into the story in the beginning as Dudley is truly a horrible kid and his parents (Harry's uncle and Aunt) are somehow worse. I buddy read this with one of my dear friends and when I mentioned this to her she said "But in real life there are people who act so much worse." And I couldn't help but hate how right she was. I may have thought that the treatment of Harry was ridiculous, but it was still better than some people treat others today in the real world. 

Harry Potter also does a great job of showing how everyone can be brave or important and how sometimes we can rise to the occasion. One of my all-time favorite quotes hit me harder than the first time I read it and it goes like this: 

"There are all kinds of courage" said Dumbledore, smiling. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends." 

I hope this quote continues to touch my heart and continues to touch others as well.

Highly recommend to all muggles and wizards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...