Monday, November 5, 2018

History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera


 
by 

History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera

Page Count : 294
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, LGBT


16210289
History Is All You Left Me is a beautifully tragic story about a boy whose best friend/ex-boyfriend dies and how he deals with his grief, along with meeting his ex-boyfriend's current boyfriend and how he deals with his compulsions.

I loved this story right from the beginning. The narrator has a beautiful story to tell us and I ended up getting so emotional throughout the whole story. I laughed, I cried, and sometimes I laugh-cried. Adam wrote a story about death and grief, but also a story of discovery. The main characters all go through a little bit of self-discovery and self-acceptance as they try to navigate this crazy hellhole that is High School and being a teenager.

I thought I loved They Both Die At The End but I really loved History Is All You Left Me in a way that makes my heart hurt and feel like it's going to burst at the same time.

Recommended to anyone in the mood to cry both happy and sad tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...