Monday, December 24, 2018

Be Prepared

Be Prepared by Vera Brosgol 
by 
 (Goodreads Author)

16210289
LOVED this! I wish the art had been in more colors, because COLORS, but I really liked the story and the authenticity in the characters. I went into this kind of blind (only knowing what I could gather from the cover and title) and it ended up being such a good fit for me. This book reminds me so much of Real Friends And Roller Girl which are both amazing middle grade graphic novels. But this one also deals with the pressures of looking different and the main character, Vera, feeling out of place among her friends, and her own people. And I think in a way, anyone with an accent, or who looks a little different can feel that way sometimes.

Have a merry Christmas tomorrow if you celebrate, and a wonderful day if you don't. 
 
X Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...