Monday, December 31, 2018

Rebound

Rebound by Kwame Alexander 
by 

16210289
's review

really liked it
bookshelves: 2018audiobookbooks-for-thoughtcomedy,contemporarypoc-on-coverpoetrysports

*I listened to this on audiobook, and while others have complained about the use of italics and other formatting, I was not privy to most of it. I also have not seen the graphics/comics which is the real shame.

Personally, I found Rebound, a story about Charlie “Chuck’s” eventful summer to be quite a treat. It’s poetry and a story, and it’s somehow both funny and sad and never really hits any spots in-between. I was laughing at Chuck’s jokes (actually cracked up about one in the end about Jazz) and I was rooting for him and enjoying all of the advice his family gave him.

I recommend to anyone, although I think with the inconsistencies in time period, and in order to really enjoy the jokes, it’s more suited for young adults or adults just leaving their young adult stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely War   by   Julie Berry   Heather 's review it was amazing bookshelves:  2019 ,  beautiful-cover ,  best-of-the-bes...